The Westside leadership has sought to do what is wise for our church body during this time of COVID-19. We are restricting in person attendance for our Sunday worship services to the maximum number of people allowed under the State of Oregon mandates. Check this website for a link to our sign-up page. However, we are also live streaming the service, and we continue to post the sermons each week.
We continue to gather under Phase 1 of the State Covid-19 mandates which permits up to 50 people to meet in a room. An online registration system allows people to sign up to attend the worship service each Sunday morning at 10:30. Watch your email for sign-up links for each week.
We have chosen to error on the side of caution, so most people feel safe in attending and in order to comply with the Oregon requirements for meeting. We’ve implemented the following safety measures to protect the health of you, your family, and our church family. See the registration form.
1. The building will be cleaned and disinfected prior to the gathering.
2. When you arrive, you'll be welcomed and checked in and quickly have your temperature taken with a no-contact thermometer.
3. Based on the current State of Oregon guidelines for indoor church gatherings, masks are required for those 5 and older unless people have prohibiting health conditions. If you forget your mask, we'll provide one for you. Up-front participants will remove their masks so they can be heard and understood.
4. Social distancing is encouraged and handshakes discouraged.
5. Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the lobby and auditorium.
6. Individual sealed packets of communion elements (a wafer and grape juice) will be provided on a table for you to take into the auditorium. To use, peel off the top cellophane lid for the wafer followed by the larger lid for the juice. See instruction video.
7. Families are encouraged to sit together and allow about 6’ of space between them and the next family or individual to their right or left.
8. Singing is encouraged.
Other gatherings, including youth groups, Lifeline, men's breakfasts, and Life Groups, are meeting either in person or online. Watch your email for news.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and for showing the love of Christ by doing all you can to care for the needs of others.
Dear Westside Church body:
As you know by now, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has brought much of the world to a halt. During this time we elders and deacons have sought to do what is wise for the whole church body without being alarmist or careless.
We believe it to be wise to suspend all gatherings (all Sunday morning services, Life Groups, Youth Groups, and Lifeline) until further notice. One of the best ways we can love our neighbor as ourselves during this time is to do our part to slow the spread of this disease.
We are working on ways to connect with one another remotely during this time. But we would love to encourage you to take these next few weeks to invest in relationships with your neighbors or those around you for the sake of the Gospel.
We will be communicating more in the coming days.
We understand there is a lot of panic these days. While the implications of this virus are serious and will be costly in many ways, we remember that our hope is not in this world or the things of this world. And we have an opportunity to share that hope with those around us as we seek to make disciples starting right where we are at.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah”
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns.
Warmly in Christ,
Your Elders and Deacons